News & Media Relations
What we do:
The media relations team tells the UNC Greensboro story to the world. We proactively engage with print, digital, and broadcast media to generate positive/accurate, timely, and compelling news about UNC Greensboro and our commitment to opportunity and excellence. Our team manages the University’s social media platforms as well as the UNCG News site.
- Promoting the University’s strengths, achievements, and thought leaders to local, regional, and national media outlets
- Providing daily media highlights coverage report
- Supporting UNCG faculty members in their interactions with media
- Social media strategy and support
- Issuing press releases, statements, and media advisories
- Organizing press conferences, managing major media and community events, and working with film crews
- Sharing student, faculty, staff, and alumni stories – from research projects to Broadway shows to student profiles to Nursing grants, and so much more – on UNCG News site
Richard Campbell, Vice Chancellor, Strategic Communications email@example.com (919) 637-8958
Morgan Glover, Associate Director, Social Media Strategies, firstname.lastname@example.org, (336) 420-8401
Often referred to as “PR”, media relations involves working with members of the press to share accolades, accomplishments, success stories, research, and to position faculty and administrators as subject matter experts in their respective areas of expertise.
UNC Greensboro uses multiple social media channels to share important news and build community among current and future students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members.
Visit our Social Media page for social media standards, account names, and other resources. Follow the University’s primary channels on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Twitter, and YouTube.
As the university’s primary news site, UNCG News serves as a go-to resource for the campus community, prospective students, Spartan alumni, and members of the media. Visit news.uncg.edu to read the latest university news and learn more about academics and research, visual and performing arts, and campus and community events.