The University is closely monitoring the rapidly changing 2019 Novel Coronavirus situation in coordination with the Chancellor’s Office, Provost’s Office, Student Health, and UNCG Emergency Management. This page will be updated as additional guidance becomes available from those offices, public health officials, and the UNC System.
Frequently Asked Questions
- UNCG FAQ
- Faculty – Keep Teaching
- Students – Keep Learning
- Staff – Keep Working
- Researchers – Keep Researching
- Students – Living on Campus
- Student Crisis Line
- Student Affairs
The UNC System and the NC Department of Health and Human Services recommends that organizers of events that draw more than 10 people should cancel, postpone, modify these events or offer online streaming services. UNCG is postponing, cancelling, or virtualizing many in-person events. This includes recruitment events, tours, student programs, reunions, performances, conferences and social events. For details on specific event decisions, please check the websites of the hosting department or unit.
Important Links regarding Coronavirus
- UNCG Student Health Website
- Finance and Administration
- Greensboro Chamber resource page
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Centers for Disease Control
- World Health Organization
- UNC System Coronavirus page
- NC Poison Control Coronavirus Line
- US State Dept. international travel advisories (added 3/4/20)
- CDC Cases in the United States (added 3/4/20)
- Map of cases worldwide (added 3/4/20)
- How to Self-Care with a respiratory illness (added 3/20/20)
- Food Resource lists for Greensboro and High Point (added 3/20/20)
- Parents subscribe to email updates from UNCG (added 3/13/20)
- Living on Campus: FAQ from HRL (added 3/12/20)
- Tips from Behavioral Health during an infectious disease outbreak (added 3/11/20)
- LiveSafe App: Coronavirus and Travel Risk Management
- CDC .pdf file “What you need to know”
- CDC .pdf file “What to do if you are sick”
In The News
- Executive order regarding K-12 schools (added 3/14/20)
- Message from UNCG System Interim President Bill Roper (added 3/12/20)
- NC recommends new steps to protect against COVID-19 (added 3-12-20)
- News & Record story on UNC System (added 3/12/20)
- News & Record article on UNCG preparedness
- Spectrum News Story
- Charlotte Observer story on NC State of Emergency
- The Syllabus story related to online classes
Faculty and Staff Updates
Prevention tips from the CDC
CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
GoLink for this page: go.uncg.edu/coronavirus