Remsburg will lead School of Nursing

012313Feature_RemsburgDr. Robin E. Remsburg has been named dean of UNCG’s School of Nursing. Remsburg, currently director of the School of Nursing and associate dean for the College of Health and Human Services at George Mason University, starts work July 1.

Remsburg earned her master’s in nursing education at UNCG, graduating in 1982. She replaces retiring dean Dr. Lynne G. Pearcey.

“It is an honor to rejoin this remarkable nursing school and the Greensboro community,” Remsburg said. “UNCG launched my academic career, enabling me to do things in nursing that I never could have dreamed of—including becoming next dean of the school. The school is ideally positioned to

become a national leader in student-centered education in practice, research, service and policy. I look forward to expanding cutting-edge research and exploring innovative new academic-community partnerships to meet community needs and enhance student learning.”

Full story at UNCG News.

By Michelle Hines