Inaugural UNCG Donor Appreciation Day

021313Feature_DonorsStudents who received a scholarship and wanted a good way to say thanks, had just that opportunity last week.

Lots of thank you notes were written to UNCG scholarship donors by student recipients, at UNCG’s first Donor Appreciation and Scholarship Awareness Day last Tuesday at the EUC and Kaplan Commons. A large “thank you” banner was signed by students, as well.

“Thank you for all your help and getting me one step closer to my dream,” one message said. “You have no idea how much this means to me and my family and how much we appreciate you,” said another.

The event was hosted by the Office of Donor Relations in conjunction with the Annual Fund and Financial Aid Office.

Student who received dollars from a scholarship in any university unit were invited to stop by. Some posed for photos for emails for their scholarship donors. Others wanted to compose thank you letters. Many learned more than they’d known about the history of their scholarship and gained a deeper appreciation.

By Mike Harris