UNCG Basketball’s Lucy Mason All-SoCon preseason

Action photo of Lucy MasonAt one point last year, Lucy Mason was the leading freshman scorer in the nation. Now as a sophomore, she has been named to the preseason All-Southern Conference Team.

What drew the high school National Junior Honor Society student to UNCG? In a UNCG Magazine article last season she explained, “One of the biggest reasons for choosing (UNCG) was the academic program — especially the African American Studies department. I was thrilled when I had a chance to meet some of the professors.” UNCG’s African American Studies program is one of the top 10 in the nation, according to Academic Analytics.

“Right now I am majoring in African American studies as well as econ. I am deciding how I want to pair the two together and what direction I want to go,” she said.

The first opportunity to see the UNCG Women’s Basketball team is this Saturday (Nov. 2) as they host Francis Marion in Fleming Gym at 11:30 a.m. in an exhibition. The men’s team has an exhibition game afterward.

Season ticket information is at www.uncgspartans.com.