Maggie Chrismon and Sean Farrell will lead 2014-15 Staff Senate

Photo of Maggie Chismon and Sean FarrellThe new co-chairs of UNCG Staff Senate led their first full meeting July 10. Maggie Chrismon and Sean Farrell gave a warm welcome to the senators gathered in the Virginia Dare Room.

Maggie Chrismon serves the university in the Office of Space Management, where she is space coordinator for the university. In that role, she has visited many departments and gotten to know lots of employees. She joined the staff in 2006, but she was a Spartan before that. “I am an alumna of UNCG, having received a Bachelor of Science from the Department of Interior Architecture in 2003,” she notes.

“I am entering my third year with Staff Senate and am excited about the opportunities and challenges Sean and I will face as co-chairs this year,” she adds.

Sean Farrell has been a part of the UNCG staff for 15 years, 13 of which have been with Human Resources. He is information technology analyst in HR. “Being a part of Human Resources has afforded me the opportunity to meet a very large number of extraordinary people at UNCG, many of whom I’m happy to count as colleagues and friends,” he says.

“This will be my fourth year on the Senate and I feel fortunate to be counted among a group of excellent senators, both returning and new.”

They discussed with the senators three primary goals for the coming year:

• Strengthen Staff Senate’s working relationship with the Faculty Senate, working to ensure that faculty and staff have a voice in the strategic direction of the university.
  • Foster staff engagement and morale through the senate’s committee work, particularly Employee Recognition and Morale, Professional and Personal Development, and Service committees
  • Work to promote employee engagement outside of the senate within the university at-large.