Kim Record named to NCAA Division I Council

Photo of Kim RecordUNCG Director of Athletics Kim Record has been named one of the 40 representatives in the newly formed NCAA Division I Council. The NCAA Division I Council was announced by the NCAA Division I Board of Directors this week and replaces the current Legislative and Leadership councils. Sixty percent of the new Council members must be athletics directors. Any rules adopted by the Council will be subject to a review by the board.

“It is an honor to be selected to the newly formed NCAA Division I Council,” Record said. “I accept the responsibility of representing the Southern Conference and being a voice for our student-athletes and coaches.”

Record will serve on the Council as one of 32 designated conference representatives and the lone selection from the Southern Conference.

The Division I Council will have day-to-day oversight of divisional operations and issues and will report to the new Board of Directors, which will serve as the overall governing body for Division I. Under the newly designed Division I governance structure, the Council will consist of 40 members and is designed to include the voices of commissioners, athletic directors, senior woman administrators, faculty athletics representatives as well as other campus and conference administrators. It also includes, for the first time at the council level, student-athlete votes.

By Matt McCollester
Full story at UNCG Athletics site.