Streamlining curricular change processes

Provost Dana Dunn has formed a taskforce to review UNCG’s curricular change processes, and to recommend changes designed to streamline and shorten time to decision. In her charge to the taskforce Provost Dunn wrote: “One of the most common themes I have heard from faculty and department heads/chairs since my arrival is that our curriculum approval process is cumbersome and takes excessive amounts of time. I’ve also heard that the inability to secure timely approvals has resulted in missed opportunities to develop partnerships and launch new programs and courses. Faculty approval of the curriculum is essential and must be maintained, but I’m hopeful that the committee’s review will highlight ways we can improve and streamline our current process.”

The 20-person taskforce, with broad representation from across campus, will be meeting regularly during the first half of Spring semester and intends to provide the provost with recommendations by the end of March.

For more information on the work of the taskforce, contact Bob Hansen, associate dean in the College of Arts and Sciences, at rchansen@uncg.edu.