Dr. Gabriela Stein

Dr. Gabriela Stein (Psychology) was named a Minority Access National Role Model through Minority Access Incorporated. The award recognizes her achievements in her field and in advancing underrepresented minority groups. Stein has previously served in leadership positions in influential academic organizations and is an associate editor at Journal of Research on Adolescence.

Stein’s research uses developmental psychopathology and cultural-ecological frameworks to investigate the impact of culturally relevant factors on the development of psychopathology for ethnic minority youth and families. In 2012, her students nominated her for the Latino Diamante Award in 2012, for her educational contributions to the Latino community.

One former undergraduate student, who is currently a licensed professional counselor associate, stated, “Dr. Gabriella Stein inspired me to pursue my dreams as a young Latina and a mental health professional. …  Gaby has such a welcoming and accessible personality that it was easy for me to grow as a student professionally and personally when I worked under her leadership.”