Beginning with the 2018 academic year, UNC Greensboro is launching a new, comprehensive brand campaign with a unique, flexible, engaging tagline:
Find your way here.
The University’s tagline represents our welcoming campus, our tenacious focus on student success, and our everyday real-world impact we have on our community. It serves as an invitation— for the next class of Spartans, new faculty and staff members to join the University. It is also prideful statement—at UNC Greensboro you will find what you are seeking and you will make a difference.
Find your way here is a flexible tagline. This flexibility enables University units to express their uniqueness and connect with their targeted audiences by exchanging the word “way” for relative terms.
How to use the tagline
Find your way here provides endless options to showcase who we are and what we do at UNC Greensboro. The tagline should be proper case and punctuated with a period except when used in headlines or stand alone graphic usage. While there are many words that can be used to complete the “Find your ____ here,” the primary institutional logo and all university-level branding efforts will conclude with “Find your way here.” This concluding statement may come in the form of the university logo featuring the tagline:
The tagline also provides each unit the flexibility to emphasize other aspects of the statement. For example, “here” may be a verbal/content reference paired a complimentary visual of a school teacher, nurse, or researcher at work. Emphasis on “your” can also be explored through audible delivery and may refer to more than one person.
Suggested replacements for “way” and categorized according to the corresponding brand pillar.
Home / Opportunity
Ah Ha Moment
Important tagline rules
- The Minvera logo lock up with the tagline may not be changed. The Minerva logo lock up with the tagline shall always be “Find your way here”
- Do consider using a series of flexible taglines within a single advertisement, promotion or marketing communication.
- Do not shorten or lengthen the tagline. Only “way” may be exchanged for a singular word.
- Do not replace “way” with “you,” “yourself,” or “self.”
- Do not exchange “way” for “path,” “wisdom,” or “future.”
- Do not replace “way” with locations or labelling of services, such as “lunch” or “registration.”
- Even if you use the tagline or a flexible version of the tagline in your copy or headline, use the Minvera logo lock up with the tagline “Find your way here” in the design.
- Do not use past University taglines.