Dear UNCG Faculty and Staff,
We continue to get additional guidance related to meetings and travel. Please continue to monitor your email for ongoing updates, as the situation is quickly evolving. Below is the most current guidance, with new information provided in bold.
Future Travel Plans
- Effective March 2, UNCG prohibited university-related travel to CDC-designated Level 2 and Level 3 countries. The University will not reimburse travel to these areas if the travel originated on or after that date.
- Faculty and staff are strongly encouraged to register any international travel plans here. Please consult with the International Programs Office if you have questions.
- University-sponsored travel outside of North Carolina, or within the state to gatherings of 100 people or more, shall be suspended unless prior written authorization to travel is given by the Chancellor or Provost. This prohibition includes student organizations.
- Though we can’t place restrictions on personal travel, we strongly recommend that staff and faculty avoid travel to areas with active community transmission. If you choose to travel to areas in our country that have been impacted, please be aware that recommendations regarding self-quarantine can change quickly. Should that happen, the University may put restrictions in place.
Current Official University Travel
- If travel has been pre-approved and the plans are canceled or changed due to circumstances beyond the traveler’s control (e.g., a meeting or conference is canceled by the host; flights are canceled; the destination is designated as a Level 2 or 3 area by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) or you cancel based on personal health considerations, the University will cover any prepaid cancellation, or change fees from a state or discretionary funding source. If paid from grants, please check with Contracts and Grants as to whether reimbursement can be paid from the grant (or if not, whether another source can be identified).
- Refunding of any expenses that have been charged to university sources, including prepaid expenses, must be repaid to the University.
- Any other credits or refunds provided to the traveler must be used for university related travel or reimbursed to the University or sponsored fund source.
- Proof of cancellation will be required.
We strongly encourage anyone with travel plans to consult the CDC and State Department websites to ensure you are aware of the most up-to-date recommendations. In addition, regular campus updates about coronavirus are being posted on the UNCG COVID-19 website. For questions about travel associated with sponsored programs, contact Contract and Grants Accounting, the Associate Dean of Research in your college or school, or the Vice Chancellor for Research and Engagement. Other travel-related questions can be directed to Accounts Payable.