News and Media Relations
What we do
The media relations team tells the UNC Greensboro story to the world. We proactively engage with print, digital, and broadcast media to generate positive/accurate, timely, and compelling news about UNC Greensboro and our commitment to opportunity and excellence.
- Promoting the University’s strengths, achievements, and thought leaders to local, regional, and national media outlets
- Providing daily media highlights coverage report
- Supporting UNCG faculty members in their interactions with media
- Issuing press releases, statements, and media advisories
- Organizing press conferences, managing major media and community events, and working with film crews
- Sharing student, faculty, staff, and alumni stories – from research projects to Broadway shows to student profiles to Nursing grants, and so much more – on UNCG’s website
- Responding to media inquiries in a timely manner and connecting media to subject matter experts
Often referred to as “PR”, media relations involves working with members of the press to share accolades, accomplishments, success stories, research, and to position faculty and administrators as subject matter experts in their respective areas of expertise.
UNCG.edu is the University’s primary website and the news and information contained on the site is created and curated by the University Communications staff as well as communicators across campus. Visit the News Section to read the latest University news and learn more about academics and research, visual and performing arts, and campus and community events.